CRL retorts use full immersion heating and cooling which originates from the centre of its torpedo chamber and is pushed radially through the unique symmetrical and cylindrical configuration of products. This pioneering process results in the following key benefits:
- Even heating & cooling distribution
- High product to water ratio
- Shorter processing times
- No over-processing of food
- Significantly improved product quality and nutrition retention
- Even over-pressure management
- Eradication of isolated hot or cold spots
- Reduced energy costs
- Reduced water consumption
- Reduced floor space
- Total process and product flexibility
- End over end rotational agitation
At CRL Foods our objective is to work closely with our customers to provide a bespoke thermal processing solution. When compared with a standard batch retort, our full emersion thermal processing enables us to produce a shelf-stable, ambient product with increased retention of food flavour, texture and nutritional properties whilst maintaining an appetising visual appearance.
Various packaging formats can be utilised including single cavity pouch, dual cavity pouch, c-pet trays, and pots with pack sizes ranging from 30g to 500g, as well as more traditional tin can and glass jar packaging.
If you wish to learn more or to arrange a free consultation please contact us and we will be happy to help.